Corporate Entrepreneurship in Multinational Enterprises: A real-world Case at BMW Group
Would you like to know how to engage in entrepreneurship while working at a large Multinational
Enterprise? This seminar gives students the unique possibility to gain hands-on experience in initiating
a new business, product or service at a renowned multinational company: the BMW Group.
Together with an internal startup of the BMW Accelerator, the students will engage in assessing and
validating new ideas using latest lean-startup methodology and market research approaches. The
course will combine lectures as well as interactive formats and group work with international BMW
The seminar will include the following building blocks:
- What is corporate entrepreneurship? We will look at its strategic raison d’être, aspects such as profitability, competitive positioning and culture. To conclude, we will develop a typology of corporate entrepreneurship formats (e.g., corporate venturing, alliances, acquisitions, etc.).
- What does a typical corporate entrepreneurship process look like? We will take a deep dive into new business ideas from creation, initiation to launch and operation. Further, we will critically assess success factors of corporate entrepreneurship (e.g., governance and top management commitment).
- Methodology Bootcamp: We will learn how to quickly assess customer value of a new business idea within a corporate via the Lean Startup methodology.
- REAL-WORLD PROJECT AT BMW: We will join a corporate entrepreneurship team of the BMW Accelerator and apply the learned methodology to assess the customer value of such project.
- We will present the findings to the BMW Accelerator project team and top management at BMW.
Important dates 2021:
- Session 1: Kick-off
- Session 2: Get to know the BMW-Teams!
- Session 3: Time for Methods
- Session 4: Informal Mid Term Check-In
- Session 5: Final Workshop
Apply now until 15.09.2021!
For registration to the Seminar in collaboration with the BMW Group, please send us an e-mail with your CV and your transcript of records: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions on this workshop, please contact the LMU IEC Team:email@example.com