The LMU Innovation Incubator
An exclusive Startup program for LMU Researchers and Advanced Students
Application period: 7th of February 2024 to 7th of March 2024
For requirements see below.
Unleash the transformational power of science, create positive impact through innovation!
Are you a current or alumni LMU student, researcher, or employee and aim to bring your scientific insights into application?
Do you have an applicable idea for a process, product, or service that addresses the challenges society deals with today?
Do you want to create actual impact with your idea / research?
Do you want to use startup methodologies to test your commercialization opportunities?
Are you thinking about founding a business with your idea / research?
Are you looking for exchange and likeminded visionaries to jointly shape the future?
Do you want to develop a founder’s mind – and skillset?
What we offer
- The LMU Innovation Incubator is an exclusive 3-month early stage startup program for teams of researchers, current and alumni LMU students, and staff.
- In our Incubator, we explore and validate ideas for impactful innovation at the nexus of academia, science and business.
- We help you seize opportunities to find Co-Founders and early investors and become a part of our growing IEC start up community.
- Through our IEC Incubation Program, we want to help you explore if implementing your idea into an innovative and impactful business is a potential career path for you.
Each lab has a duration of 1.5 days.
Innovation Lab 1
- Kick Off
- Strategic Core & Team
Define the WHY of your enterprise and sketch out the impact of your idea & find out about your entrepreneurial strengths and the perfect team setup
Innovation LAB 2
- Market Navigation
Explore your market opportunities and define possible market segments for your Innovation
- Customer Centricity & Product Development
Find out about your customers, validate your idea and build a prototype.
- Business Impact Modelling
Sketch out an impactful Business Model or innovate an existing one with IEC's Business Impact Canvas.
Innovation LAB 3
- Pitch Training
Learn how to skillfully communicate your idea to co-founders, stakeholders and investors.
Map out the next steps for your venture.
Discover the best financing strategies & funding opportunities for your research transfer/venture.
DEMO DAY: July 2024
5 pm - 8 pm
In our final event, you will exclusively pitch your idea to investors, potential Co-Founders and our entrepreneurial Community. More information and registration for the Demo Day will follow. Watch this video for an impression of our previous Demo Day Events!
What's in it for you
- A variety of practical workshop modules to learn and implement start-up methods and tools with the aim of turning your research/idea into an innovative business.
- Tailored advisory and individual coaching sessions for participants.
- Modules from IEC’s Impact Readiness Program to create impact with your research/idea.
- An LMU Incubator Certificate that awards you for successful participation.
- Innovation and Startup related keynotes and webinars from experts and fellow LMU founders.
- CO-WORKING space and access to our LMU Startup Community.
- Tips and tricks as well as opportunities to find Co-Founders.
- Individual advisory with our partners at LMU Spin-off Service and LMU Referat Transfer.
We aim to
- Give you the skills to innovate and build a business from scratch.
- Thus help you combine your academic expertise with a founders’ mind- and skillset.
- Guide your team on the journey to get ready to enter the market, attract investors and make an impact.
- Promote startups and spin-offs.
- Spark the founder in you.
- You have research findings that tackle / solve a clear real-world problem.
- Your idea/product/service has clear applicability.
- You are at an early stage with your idea/product (pre-seed, prototype)
- You want to explore the opportunities for your idea/product by finding market opportunities, customer segments and a suitable business model.
- If your Ideas and/or innovations are financed by external investors ( e.g., ZIM,… contracts) you need to gain clarity about IP and confidentially share that information with us.
- You have the time and the commitment to participate in the program and work on your idea in a targeted manner (attendance and documentation about your progress within the program is mandatory).
IEC Incubation Teams